Personal Best Test Training: Math Study Guide
Improving Your Math Score
If you're currently taking higher-level math courses like trigonometry or calculus, some of your earlier math classes may seem like ancient history.
To reach your scoring potential, you'll need a refresher on the math skills that have grown rusty (and, of course, plenty of practice). No matter your mathematics ability level, the Personal Best Test Training (PBTT): Math™ gives you important test-taking and study strategies, and lots of math practice that mimics what you'll find on math subtests.
ACT, SAT, and PSAT Prep
PBTT: Math teaches skills and strategies to help you successfully approach the math portions of the ACT, SAT, and PSAT/NMSQT.
The ACT Math Test and the PSAT and SAT Math Tests measure:
- Basic Math Skills/Pre-Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
- Trigonometry (very few items)
Differences Between the SAT and ACT
Although the ACT and the SAT cover essentially the same content, the SAT has some unique item styles and testing techniques, including:
- Open-ended, gridded items: SAT Math includes open-ended questions that require you to enter your answers in a grid. PBTT: Math provides instructions and practice to help you become familiar with answering this unique type of question.
- No-calculator items: Just like the redesigned SAT, PBTT: Math provides test items designed to be worked without a calculator - as well as test items that are more easily solved using a calculator.
The goal of PBTT: Math is to help you identify strengths and weaknesses across math content areas. Once you have this information, we'll help you develop an individualized plan for review and practice. By doing a detailed error analysis and learning how to handle each error type, you'll be able to focus your practice time on areas where you're most likely to improve your score.
Backpack-Friendly Practice Booklets
The 92-page PBTT: Math Study Guide provides:
- Tips and strategies for success on standardized math tests in general and on the ACT, SAT, and PSAT/NMSQT in particular, including strategies for attacking story problems and for using calculators on standardized tests
- A comprehensive Math Concepts and Content Review
- 10 practice sets of ACT- and PSAT/SAT-style math problems
- Thorough answer explanations for each practice question
Download PBTT: Math Study Guide sample pages
TEACHERS: A complimentary, eight-page PBTT: Math Teacher's Guide is included with each set of 30 PBTT: Math Study Guides purchased. The guide provides activities to help you enhance and extend learning in the classroom.
A Comprehensive Solution
PBTT: Math is just one part of a comprehensive solution to help you do your best on the ACT and PSAT/SAT. To learn more about the entire Personal Best Test Training program, click here.
Request More Information
Click below to request more information about PBTT. Or call 877-927-8378. We'll be happy to answer your questions.