Although the ACT and SAT used to be very different, most significant differences have disappeared during recent revisions. Because of those changes, it now makes perfect sense for students to prepare for the ACT and PSAT/SAT together.
Concerned About Too Much Test Prep?
In this six-hour workshop, you'll employ research-based best practices that will extend the core teaching and learning you're already promoting - instead of distracting from it. This allows you to prepare your students for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT/NMSQT in the most concise program available. The skills you'll teach in this program will apply to other standardized tests they take in high school, college, and beyond.
Teachers can enroll in PBTT: Teacher Training. The Doorway to College Foundation will train a limited number of teachers from your school to present a comprehensive workshop that covers all content areas of the ACT and SAT. In conjunction with the training, your school will also receive a one-year license to use the Personal Best Test Training: Workshop Presentation and Slides. (Student materials are sold separately.)
Materials available to accompany the workshop include:
- Prep instruction and practice for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT in a convenient format
- Practical tips for approaching the variety of content and question types on each subject-area subtest
- Strategies for leveraging students' existing content knowledge
- Efficient methods for interpreting graphical information
- Pacing strategies for maximizing the number of questions answered correctly within the given time limits
- Ample practice materials for use during the workshop
- Detailed answer explanations for each practice test item
- Test-specific guidance for writing a successful ACT or SAT essay
- Baseline scores to use in goal setting
- A personalized study plan that students can use to practice at home
- A proven approach that helps students manage test anxiety and increase confidence
Addressing the ACT, SAT, and PSAT
The table below illustrates how the workshop correlates with each subtest of the ACT and PSAT/SAT. Click on the links below to learn more about each study guide - all part of the comprehensive workshop.